We have received inquiries from our members regarding online giving. Here are some responses to the frequently asked questions:
- How can I give online?
Currently, most of our churches are already enrolled or in the process of enrollment for online giving. If your church is enrolled, please contact your local church treasurer. Here is the list of the churches that have not submitted an enrollment application to date: Abercorn, Centre de Mauricie, Centre Eau Vive Laval, Chateauguay, Drummondville, Laval Est, Mont-Laurier, Rigaud, Saguenay, Saint-Henri, Shékinah, South Shore. If your church is not enrolled, it is still possible to give using the Conference online giving portal, but you will not be able to give to your local church budget. Click here for more information
- What bank cards can I use for online giving?
For information, please click here
Please note Adventist Giving fees for using credit cards (average is 2%) are significantly higher than those for using debit cards (around 0.5%). We understand that not all debit cards are accepted in Canada, but if members have a choice, we strongly recommend the use of debit cards. Please share this information with your members.
- Is online giving secure?
Yes, the online giving portal is secure.
- If I am not used to online payments, what other options do I have?
There are two options:
- If you own your building and there’s a secure mailbox, then individuals can mail cheques to the church.
- At the Conference, we accept payments by telephone when the individual has on hand – a Visa debit or MasterCard debit card. RBC and the National Bank require a completely separate card to be ordered, while all other financial institutions have combined it on the new cards (see images here). Ronilde Jeudy, the treasury secretary will be available from 3 – 6 pm Monday to Thursday to accept calls. The number is 450-651-5222, ext. 240. The following information will be needed: name, full address, local church/company, amounts and destinations,
For those who are truly unable to do either of the two options mentioned above, a very last resort is that they may accumulate their donations until such time as the church building is reopened.
- Can I send cash to the treasurer?
We strongly discourage members and church treasurers from giving and accepting cash due to issues we have had in the past with the Canada Revenue Agency as well as to minimize the possibility of embezzlement.
Fore more information about online giving, here is video tutorial for your convenience.
You can also consult the Adventist Giving Brochure