Get the latest news about the Conference right in you inbox by subscribing to our newsletter.
Dear pastors and church leaders,
On Sunday, September 20, the government updated the alert level to orange/level 3 for Montreal, Capitale Nationale and Chaudière-Appalaches, Continue reading
Please note that since June 22nd 2020, the Quebec Conference office will once again be open to staff members and to the public on appointment only Continue reading
Daniel Saugh is currently serving as the Canadian Programs Manager (National) and the Adventist Ministries of Compassion Coordinator for the SDACC. The executive secretary of the Quebec Conference recently had a interview with him. Read more to get more insight on the recent ADRA grants in reponse to the COVID-19 pandemic
- How long have you been working for ADRA and what is your role?
- What is ADRA doing to support churches responding to the COVID-19 crisis?
- What are some of the criteria that have been used for the ADRA grant?
- Ability to implement the suggested activities while adhering to the federal and provincial safety and security procedures, including those for COVID-19
- Ability to prove that the suggested response is a gap in the community that is currently not funded by the Canadian government or other humanitarian agencies and reaching out to the most vulnerable.
- Ability to prove that the proposed intervention is deemed effective in addressing the identified gap, given the context.
- How many churches in Quebec and Canada received funding under the ADRA grant?
- Where is the ADRA grant money coming from?
- How does ADRA Canada see what is happening in the churches of the Quebec Conferences in response to the crisis?
- What expectations are there in regards to the churches that have received an amount of money under the ADRA grant?
- What are some of the ways in which ADRA Canada will continue focusing on projects for Canadians?
- Do you have anything testimony to share related to the ADRA grant?
- How can the Quebec Conference support the ministry of ADRA Canada?
- Do you have a final word for the churches and members of the Quebec Conference?
Quebec Conference official statement on Racism
The Quebec Conference joins all well-meaning people and peaceful protesters around the globe in speaking against all forms of racism or racial profiling that continues to plague countries around the world. Continue reading
The death of George Floyd has forced America to engage in the difficult conversation about the chokehold that systemic racism still has on its people. We see the length of the arc of moral justice and know that it bends only when we tug on it.
Let Justice Roll is a virtual conference for pastors in North America to share best practices of what we can do about systemic racism. Pastors, church leaders, and specialists will share from their experience and expertise on what practical steps pastors can take to bend the arc of justice.