As you know, we are faced with the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, there is a great isolation. This will have an adverse effect on the most vulnerable among us, our seniors. Through this crisis, we have an opportunity to serve the Lord and our community. As such the ADRA and Community Services Departemet encourages the local churches to extend a helping hand to their communities.
Here are some things you can do to make a difference in the lives of the needy:
- Put an emergency plan in place.
- Identify and tap into government and community services aimed at helping those in need.
- Find out if they have any essential needs, and where possible, supply them through yours and other resources such as Meals on Wheels, Sun Youth, and local food banks.
- Please keep in mind that you must not come into direct contact with seniors or any individual who is sick. As you practice the best hygiene, you may ring doorbells and leave care packages at home entrances.
- In light of church closures, please keep in touch with members who may be lonely.
- Keep in touch with seniors through the telephone and social media.
- At this time, our conference/ADRA does not have any financial aid; however, should you be aware of a dire situation, please let me know and I will try to see if I can get assistance for you.
May God bless you,
Quebec Conference Community Services Director