Quebec’s Adventist Book Center now has its own website Continue reading
Daniel Saugh is currently serving as the Canadian Programs Manager (National) and the Adventist Ministries of Compassion Coordinator for the SDACC. The executive secretary of the Quebec Conference recently had a interview with him. Read more to get more insight on the recent ADRA grants in reponse to the COVID-19 pandemic
- How long have you been working for ADRA and what is your role?
- What is ADRA doing to support churches responding to the COVID-19 crisis?
- What are some of the criteria that have been used for the ADRA grant?
- Ability to implement the suggested activities while adhering to the federal and provincial safety and security procedures, including those for COVID-19
- Ability to prove that the suggested response is a gap in the community that is currently not funded by the Canadian government or other humanitarian agencies and reaching out to the most vulnerable.
- Ability to prove that the proposed intervention is deemed effective in addressing the identified gap, given the context.
- How many churches in Quebec and Canada received funding under the ADRA grant?
- Where is the ADRA grant money coming from?
- How does ADRA Canada see what is happening in the churches of the Quebec Conferences in response to the crisis?
- What expectations are there in regards to the churches that have received an amount of money under the ADRA grant?
- What are some of the ways in which ADRA Canada will continue focusing on projects for Canadians?
- Do you have anything testimony to share related to the ADRA grant?
- How can the Quebec Conference support the ministry of ADRA Canada?
- Do you have a final word for the churches and members of the Quebec Conference?
Quebec Conference official statement on Racism
The Quebec Conference joins all well-meaning people and peaceful protesters around the globe in speaking against all forms of racism or racial profiling that continues to plague countries around the world. Continue reading
Brothers and sisters in the Faith, may the Peace of Jesus abide with you! Continue reading
Don’t forget that the 100 days of prayer continue until July 4th, 2020!
Let us keep in mind the words of the Holy Scripture: “or our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; “
This message stands to encourage, empower, and guide members across the nation as we respond to the current pandemic in wisdom, truth, and love.
God bless the Adventist work in Canada and in the rest of the world.
We have received inquiries from our members regarding online giving. Here are some responses to the frequently asked questions: Continue reading
As you know, we are faced with the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, there is a great isolation. This will have an adverse effect on the most vulnerable among us, our seniors. Through this crisis, we have an opportunity to serve the Lord and our community. As such the ADRA and Community Services Departemet encourages the local churches to extend a helping hand to their communities.
Here are some things you can do to make a difference in the lives of the needy:
- Put an emergency plan in place.
- Identify and tap into government and community services aimed at helping those in need.
- Find out if they have any essential needs, and where possible, supply them through yours and other resources such as Meals on Wheels, Sun Youth, and local food banks.
- Please keep in mind that you must not come into direct contact with seniors or any individual who is sick. As you practice the best hygiene, you may ring doorbells and leave care packages at home entrances.
- In light of church closures, please keep in touch with members who may be lonely.
- Keep in touch with seniors through the telephone and social media.
- At this time, our conference/ADRA does not have any financial aid; however, should you be aware of a dire situation, please let me know and I will try to see if I can get assistance for you.
May God bless you,
Quebec Conference Community Services Director